DO NOT USE MY IMAGES TO SELL YOUR EBAY ITEMS (If you see someone using my images please let me know)

Saturday 13 October 2012

OPI Live and Let Die (and some stamping)

Until today, when I picked up On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Live and Let Die was the only polish I had from OPI's Skyfall collection. The dark teal creme sprinkled with gold/green flecks seduced me when I was at Olympia Beauty and I didn't hesitate when I placed it to my basket. The formula is buttery smooth and a one coater if you're careful.
The flecks give the polish a starlit sky feel.
When I was photographing LALD I had a sudden feeling it may be a dupe Revlon's Rain Forest so I decided to do a comparison on a wheel. Luckily you can see from the swatches they're not. The green base is different and the flecks in LALD are not really duochromey like Rain Forest.
Now here is LALD stamped using images from a gorgeous plate I picked up from eBay for £7.99. I used Barry M gold foil which was fine but I had to work fast. The fine intricate detail means a lot less polish is picked up and so dries a lot quicker.
The images on this plate is massive and I would recommend this for ladies with bigger nails to really show off the designs. My little nails just don't have enough surface area!

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for reading. A x

13 comments:

  1. I love this polish and I've been loving this image plate since like forever!! May I ask you how much you paid for it, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this plate on my watchlist was ages too. I finally took the plunge and got it. Cost £7.99 in total. The plate isn't backed and the edges are sharp but all the images transfer well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that stamping takes my breath away! Great color combo and I love the intricate designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't wait to get it, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This color is amazing and I've never even seen this image plate! I must be living under a rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah crap, LALD is gorgeous. Now I had to buy it, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW LALD is stunning and the stamping is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is pure perfection. It really has an antique feel to it and I slap myself for not getting LALD yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. soooooooo pretty *_______*


    • ♥♥♥ •

    natalijayasmina-b.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, I love the stamping design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great minds think alike my version of this plate arrived last week. I used one of the patterns you chose but it was so intricate when I took pics you couldn't make it out so I didn't post them. After seeing yours I will def try again with a darker base. I got mine on amazon and it came with pink plastic backing so no sharp edges. £8.99 well spent xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeouuuus!!! And I love the images on this plate.

    ReplyDelete