DO NOT USE MY IMAGES TO SELL YOUR EBAY ITEMS (If you see someone using my images please let me know)

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Peeling Nails NOTD

Hey guys today I want to show you a quick nail design I came up with that I've named 'Peeling Nail'!!! I know the name doesn't make it sound very appealing but hopefully you'll understand the logic (or not ) behind it. I was messing about with some polishes and thought it would look cool if the top nail colour looked like it was peeling in the corner to reveal another colour underneath. This is what I finally came up with. Not sure if the intention is obvious but I'm quite happy with the overall design.


You can paint the tips any colour or even make a pattern. The triangle bit in the center is supposed to be the peeling bit!

Perhaps a little shading would help with the effect?

(Please ignore my fingerprints all over the bottle!)
OPI We'll always have Paris
CG For Audrey
CG Below Deck
And a white polish!


Anyway I hope you liked the design and will give it a go. If you do be sure to show me!

Sorry this post is short, I've been doing 12 hour shifts and am shattered!

A x

21 comments:

  1. OMG so creative! I get it! =) So sharing this on my Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. Nicely done:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can really tell with the thumb! I think the blue/light blue on the other fingers throw me off a little! Maybe? I don't know but the thumb is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome! Very cool idea:)

    New follower:) I'm loving your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got it immediately! Awesome and creative thinking on your part!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg this is so creative! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your lovely comments and I'm glad you like it.

    @imfeelingnail-venturous, I agree I'm not sure the blue works as well as the white but I also think having short/little nail (as in surface area) doesn't help! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Really awesome idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I haven't seen an original nail design in awhile. I think this is a great concept, and you did an awesome job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea! Very neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cool but how do you make the peeling part? (the triangle bit in the middle?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should do a tutorial on this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just stumbled upon this manicure while looking on interest, this is amazing, when I first saw it I thought of a page turning on a book. Love it and on my list to do.

    ReplyDelete