DO NOT USE MY IMAGES TO SELL YOUR EBAY ITEMS (If you see someone using my images please let me know)

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Guest Post - Amanda from Amandalandish

Hey guys my dissertation deadline is fast approaching so I definitely won't be posting much. I'm also back on placement and have managed to break two nails so really not in the mood to do anything at the moment. Anyway today I bring you another brilliant guest post, this time by the lovely Amanda of Amandalandish. I'm really chuffed that Amanda offered to write a post because her blog is amazingly informative with tonnes swatches and comparisons. I hope you guys enjoy her post and check out her blog if you haven't done so already.
 Thanks Amanda

(I'm still accepting guests post so please contact me if you're interested)


-x-x-x-

Hiya!

I'm Amanda from Amandalandish and I'm beyond thrilled to have the opportunity to guest post on Anna's fabulous blog.  Thank you, Anna!

It seems that a lot of new collections are showcasing jelly pastels this spring.  One getting a lot of blogger buzz is Electric Beat, from the China Glaze ElectroPop Collection.  A sky blue crelly (a really silly name for a jelly with creme qualities), I found myself thinking that Electric Beat looked like something else.  I went scrounging around in my stash and pulled out Essie Lapis of Luxury, one of my favorite blues ever from the Essie Resort Collection 2010.

When I was speaking to Anna about possibly doing a comparison post of these colors, she asked if there was a cheaper drugstore brand that might also serve as a dupe.  I thought that was an excellent idea (especially considering that many people do not have Essie and China Glaze as readily available) and went on the hunt for a more accessible match.  I instantly found myself gravitating towards Revlon Dreamer, a similar crelly from Revlon's latest collection.

Here are the results.

2 coats Essie Lapis of Luxury (index)
2 coats of China Glaze Electric Beat (middle and pinky)
3 coats of Revlon Dreamer (ring)
While all three are definitely part of the same family, the only two that I personally think are comparable are China Glaze Electric Beat and Revlon Dreamer.  



The way I'd break these down:

Essie Lapis of Luxury is the most jelly formula of the three.  Lapis of Luxury is a dusty cornflower blue that would need three thin coats or two thicker coats for opacity.

China Glaze Electric Beat is a true crelly and is more sky blue than cornflower blue.  The formula is on the thicker side, so two coats are all that is needed to get a really shiny, luscious finish.

Revlon Dreamer is the creamiest of the three.  This applies very thinly and requires at least three coats for color saturation.  As a creme, this has a white base and is the perfect pastel blue, although unlike a lot of other pastels, does not have the problem of streakiness.

I'm a fan of all three of these colors and really can't choose a favorite from them, although the Essie is clearly the most different.  All retail for about $5-$8 USD so none will break the bank.

Thank you again to Anna for allowing me the opportunity to share this comparison with you ladies today.  Please feel free to stop by Amandalandish and say hi! 

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! I want all three of these, hahah! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great guest post! Rimmel Aqua Cool is very similar to these polishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comparison! I love lapis of luxury too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you say that revlon dreamer is a dupe for essie bikini-so-teeny?

    ReplyDelete