DO NOT USE MY IMAGES TO SELL YOUR EBAY ITEMS (If you see someone using my images please let me know)

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Glitter on a blue moon!

Easter break means 2 weeks off and wearing nail polish yay! and it's especially welcome after doing my first night shift (8pm-8am) yesterday. It went pretty well and thankfully I didn't see any ghosts while I went about my business around the hospital which was a relief LOL.

So when I woke up this afternoon(!!) the first thing I did was paint my nails and here's what I ended up with.

Lush!
Revlon Whimsical needs no introduction but just in case you're new to the nail world it's a pretty good dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Glitter in the Air. Unfortunately it's only available across the pond in Canada and US. Like GITA Whimsical is very sheer, the blue base is hardly noticeable until about 4 coats and even then you can still see your nail line.
Seeing my nail line wasn't an option for me today so I used Barry M's Blue Moon as a base.
3 coats of Blue Moon and 1-2 coats of Whimsical. 

I Love this and think it's perfect for Spring even though I hear there's been snow in some parts of UK today (WTF?!)

7 comments:

  1. This is such a perfect combination - I love it :) And yep, I looked outside to see snow this morning after a week of sunshine. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! i have serious nail envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, snowed buckets in Edinburgh and the heating on my floor of the office stopped working all day so I was forced to drink more than a few cups of tea to keep warm! I have whimsical too but have yet to wear it. I'm not sure what I'll layer it over, perhaps Zoya Kirsten....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting for my whimsical to come but I bought blue moon last week just for this combo, lol, it looks gorgeous ! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darnit, see what you've done.. Now you made me need it! :) Beautiful combo!
    Luckily it is not snowing over here in the Netherlands, but it's been raining non-stop. I want the spring weather back darnit!
    Happy your night shift went well. Enjoy the nail painting these 2 weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minds! I also posted my Easter mani using Whimsical but I used it over Orly Cotton Candy.

    ReplyDelete