DO NOT USE MY IMAGES TO SELL YOUR EBAY ITEMS (If you see someone using my images please let me know)

Sunday 8 April 2012

Naked Nails

No really here is a picture of my nails with only a base coat!
FYI My nails are usually a lot shorter for work!
It's not often you see what lies beneath but I thought I'd show you what I see most days. I don't wear polish when I'm working which makes me extra conscious of what my nails look like naked. I try to minimise yellowing by using the old toothpaste and bicarb technique as well as a bit of gentle buffing. Once in a while I might soak my nails in water which has a denture cleaning tablet dissolved in it. I also use Orly Cutique primarily as my cuticle remover but it's supposed to remove stains as well though I'm not entirely convinced it does.

To moisturise my cuticles I use mainly Burt's Bees Lemon Butter and a Superdrug cuticle oil containing vitamin E. I suffer from dry skin all over and my hands are no exception. They particularly suffer when I'm working as I wash them so much but my go to hand cream which offers much relief is the light texture Neutrogena fast absorbing hand cream. I have a pump bottle of the stuff which I carry everywhere!



Anyway a bit of a random post! 
How do you look after your nails?

3 comments:

  1. Wow... Your nails look great!!

    Can you tell me the trick about the toothpaste? I don't know it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails are in great condition! I wish mine looked that good naked! Like the person above, I'm intrigued about the toothpaste and soda trick you mentioned....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll write a post soon about the toothpaste trick.

    @Saima thank you

    ReplyDelete