DO NOT USE MY IMAGES TO SELL YOUR EBAY ITEMS (If you see someone using my images please let me know)

Sunday 29 April 2012

'insert name' holo bar glitter franken?!?!

Hey everyone! Hope you're all having a nice weekend. With my dissertation handed in this is my first weekend in ages where I have felt a little bit more relaxed! I went for dim sum today and then ventured into Oxford Street to look for a new outfit for some upcoming job interviews but I couldn't find anything I liked. I even came away from Topshop with no nail polishes so all in all it was a pretty rubbish day shopping wise but I guess I've saved myself a few pennies.

I'm sure UK folk will agree we've been having some pretty awful weather lately. We're almost in May and I still put my central heating on and I'm still wearing my down coat or as I call it my sleeping bag coat! With the sun playing hide and seek I've also not felt much urge to take pictures of my nails and so I'm pretty behind with swatching new polishes.

I still have to swatch the new Barry M's but in the meantime I want to show you a 'franken' I made using holographic bar glitter I picked up when I bought the microbeads a few weeks back for the fish egg mani.

I don't really want to call this a franken because all I did was put all the glitter I bought into an unused Boots 17 glittery top coat I had lying in my drawer and hoped for the best. Thankfully the colour didn't bleed from the glitter so the clear base remains and I can layer it over difference polishes.
Here it is two coats over CC's Bluetopia. What do you think? What shall I call it?
IRL it is very sparkly which I've failed to capture!
And if you were wondering what this looks like matte...
This has definitely inspired me to try more frankens but the hassle of finding good glitter makes me think I should leave it to the people who are good at it...

13 comments:

  1. Oooh, it looks so good on you! Tbh these things seem to look better on the pictures to me than in person unfortunately...


    http://benebelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Where did you buy the bar glitter (if you don't mind me asking)? I'm just getting into all this franken business and I'd love to find a UK source of pretty things! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! It looks absolutely amazing, especially the mattified version.
    As for the weather, ugh, I'm so fed up of it. I'm actually sitting here with a hot water bottle and four layers of clothing! Can't bring myself to put the heating on at this time of year ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really cool! Love it matte, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks stunning :) Really pretty matte too - I'm loving mattified glitter at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Love bar glitter! This reminds me of Pretty & Polished Basket Grass, which is the next I'll try. I'd buy this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! It´s awesome! It reminds of Mardi Gras or Masquerade Party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh how nice!! :) I like it very much lol but have no inpiration to come up with a name :p **

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!! I love this :-) and you can;t beat a mattified glitter mani! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! It reminded me of the colors in a photo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/14881935@N08/2603920154) and blue orchids(http://bit.ly/IiLckM).

    ReplyDelete