DO NOT USE MY IMAGES TO SELL YOUR EBAY ITEMS (If you see someone using my images please let me know)

Thursday 23 February 2012

Barielle - Falling Star NOTD

Hey everyone hope you've all had a great week so far. Today I want to show you Barielle Falling Star from the All Laquered Up collection released A/W 2009. It's a really unique polish in my eyes in that I have not seen a dupe or anything similar from other brands. It's a really intense blue (reminds me of Boots No. 7 Poolside Blue) with coppery/orange glitter. Unsurprisingly the glitter works because it's the complementary colour of blue.
Love it
The formula dries pretty quickly though it is quite thick in my opinion so a drop or two of thinner would help with application. Here I have applied two coats and a generous coat of Seche Vite as the polish dries with a gritty finish.
Yesterday I went for a well deserved day at the Spa with my cousin. I can't begin to tell you how heavenly it was just to have a massage and sit in the steam room! Anyway I wore Falling Star as a full manicure and probably due to the combination of high heat, steam, humidity, Chlorine over several hours the nail polish was peeling off in chunks by home time. I know Seche Vite didn't help matters but I couldn't believe how easy it was to peel off. Yes on the way home I couldn't help but keep peeling...
So bad I know! 

Blue's like this tend to cause me to worry about potential staining but I am happy to report there was none on the nails I did remove with remover!

So who else has this polish? 
Do you guys peel polish off too? xx

5 comments:

  1. I've only heard bad things about this polish even though it is so pretty! I try not to pick my polish off but I will pick at my glitter nails! I go crazy with the glitter! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to see this blue base just a little darker, but this is really pretty as is. Too bad it's so easily flaked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first got into polish I didn't like this one.. now I appreciate it for how unique it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a neat colour! Haha, I'm a peeler too-- especially if it's chunky glitter or those staining blues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always end up picking.peeling my polish off. Haha. But that colour is divine!

    ReplyDelete